Fitness Instructor - Female and Male health
Location: Grafton, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 566
A rewarding and brand new career opportunity exists for a Fitness Instructor to join Serco’s brand new team, based at the Clarence Correctional Centre in Grafton, NSW. The position of Fitness Instructor aims to enhance the components of fitness for the inmate population for females and male and is responsible for the management, supervision and care of inmates taking part in activities.
The Clarence Correctional Centre is due to open in mid-2020, with a 1700 bed facility, making it the largest and most state-of-the-art correctional centre in Australia. Serco have a 20 year contract to operate the centre, creating the opportunity for long-term, rewarding and secure employment with exciting career prospects in one of Australia’s most spectacular coastal and country locations.
You will be an experienced Fitness Instructor with a passion for improving the health of others, be able to effectively develop and communicate suitable fitness and education programs, have suitable knowledge of Health and Safety and actively promote a safety culture whilst maintaining the highest level of personal integrity and ethical behaviour. This position also requires hold a Certificate III in Correctional Practice and or meet the requirements to successfully obtain your Certificate III in Correctional Practice qualification.
About the opportunity
The position of Fitness Instructor Female and Male Health will motivate inmates to become involved in recreational, sporting and fitness activities that are suited to the interests and aligned to the abilities of the inmate group, in a safe and secure manner. You will develop and organise purposeful activities that improves general fitness and health awareness through programs that support inclusion, understanding and wellbeing.
To be successful in this role you will
● Either hold your Certificate III Correctional Practice (CSC30115) or
● Eligible to obtain a Cert III Correctional Practice (CSC30115)
● Successfully completed Certificate IV in Fitness (Essential)
● Minimum 12 months working as a Health and Fitness Instructor (Essential)
● Experience developing programs/activities to support health and fitness
● Experience delivering education programs to support health and fitness awareness
● An understanding of cardiovascular exercise, strength training and stretching
● Have a sound working knowledge of the human body and the benefits of; a good health and fitness lifestyle and an appropriate diet to meet the individual needs
● Ensure personal conduct is highly professional at all times
● Experience in managing risk and adhering to health and safety requirements
● Demonstrate effective teamwork
● Take all practical steps to create and maintain a culturally sensitive environment
● Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms
● Ability to interact with various stakeholders and adapt communication appropriately
● Ability to demonstrate patience, tolerance and resilience
● Maintain and high level of integrity and ethical behaviour
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role.
Located on the NSW Mid-North Coast, Grafton is approx. 6 hours’ drive from Sydney and 4 hours from Brisbane. Set on the Clarence River, it is the main hub for the Clarence Valley with a rich natural beauty and is ideally located if you prefer the hinterland or the ocean as your backdrop. With recent Pacific Highway upgrades and investment in infrastructure, and with affordable housing and access to good schools and recreation options, it is the ideal location for your next career move with your family.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people working across more than 20 countries worldwide. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. Making a genuine difference in the lives of people and the communities we serve is challenging, but it’s also amongst the most satisfying and rewarding career paths you can choose.
Serco is a business where people and values matter. We have a strong public service ethos, and we employ people from a range of backgrounds. We are looking for people to join Serco who share our desire to make a positive difference, have the confidence to work as part of a team, the insight to spot the opportunity to do things better, and importantly, the ability to take the initiative and put great ideas into practice wherever they are needed.
Interested to be part of our brand new team?
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
Serco seeks and celebrates diversity. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and can see yourself working as part of a team who value freedom to innovate and participate in the way we conduct our business please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'apply for this job' icon.
To find out more about us visit https://serco.gr8people.com/
Job Number: 566
Community / Marketing Title: Fitness Instructor - Female and Male health
Location_formattedLocationLong: Grafton, New South Wales AU