Aboriginal Program Delivery Officer
Location: Grafton, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 597
This is an exciting career opportunity for Aboriginal Program Delivery Officer’s to join the new Serco Correctional Centre in Grafton. You will thrive in a fast paced environment where you will work with other like minded professionals who embody our values and are passionate about making a difference every day.
The Clarence Correctional Centre is due to open mid 2020 with a 1700 bed facility, making it the largest and most state-of-the-art Correctional Centre in Australia. Serco Australia has a 20 year contract to operate and maintain the Centre, creating the opportunity for long-term, rewarding and secure employment with exciting career prospects in one of Australia’s most spectacular coastal and country locations.
You are an experienced group facilitator, with proven experience ideally working across complex mental health or behavioural issues. You have a proven ability to work effectively and proactively in a team environment and enjoy working collaboratively with others to achieve the goals and objectives of the Centre. You understand the importance of creating and maintaining a culturally sensitive environment including respecting the diversity of inmates, staff and other stakeholders.
About the opportunity
In your position as an Aboriginal Program Delivery Officer you will liaise with staff across the Centre as part of a multi-disciplinary team regarding the management of individual inmates. You will provide counselling support to inmates whilst delivering therapeutic programs and manual based interventions to challenge offending behaviours, whilst promoting and positive change to address the offending behaviour as assessed by specialist staff. As an integral part of the team you will contribute to promoting to the rehabilitation and reintegration of inmates.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Criminology, Social Work, Social Sciences or relevant industry experience
- Ideally hold Certificate IV in Correctional Practice (Case Management) or completed within the first 12 months of employment
- Experience working with correctional, welfare or institutional setting (desirable)
- Experience in group facilitation, ideally dealing with complex mental health of behavioural issues
- Adhere to Serco’s Values, Code of Conduct and key operating principles in every interaction with staff, internal and external stakeholders
- Actively promote a safety culture and follow all health and safety standards and processes
- Ensure that inmate administrative requirements of document and data management are maintained in accordance with compliance standards
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- Possess sound judgement and well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Be experienced in the preparation of accurate reports and submissions
- Understand the social and clinical variables associated with major offence categories
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethical behaviour
Located on the NSW Mid-North Coast, Grafton is approx. 6 hours’ drive from Sydney and 4 hours from Brisbane. Set on the Clarence River, it is the main hub for the Clarence Valley with a rich natural beauty and is ideally located if you prefer the hinterland or the ocean as your backdrop. With recent Pacific Highway upgrades, investment in infrastructure, affordable housing and access to good schools and recreation options, it is the ideal location for your next career move with your family.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people working across more than 20 countries worldwide. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. Serco is a business where people and values matter. We have a strong public service ethos, and we employ people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of Serco Asia Pacific Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). This position has been identified for an Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander in accordance with the Anti-discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.
Interested to be part of our brand new team?
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be part of this exciting new opportunity, click the Apply Now Button.
To find out more about us visit https://serco.gr8people.com/
Job Number: 597
Community / Marketing Title: Aboriginal Program Delivery Officer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Grafton, New South Wales AU