Location: Grafton, New South Wales AU
Job Number: 550
This is an exciting career opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join the new correctional centre in Grafton.
You will thrive in a fast paced environment where you will work with other like minded professionals who embody our values and are passionate about making a difference every day.
The Clarence Correctional Centre is due to open mid 2020 with a 1700 bed facility, making it the largest and most state-of-the-art Correctional Centre in Australia. Serco Australia has a 20 year contract to operate and maintain the Centre, creating the opportunity for long-term, rewarding and secure employment with exciting career prospects in one of Australia’s most spectacular coastal and country locations.
You have a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and enjoy working collaboratively with others to achieve goals and objectives. You have well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and maintain high quality work standards, productivity and service. You understand the importance of creating and maintaining a culturally sensitive environment including respecting the diversity of inmates, staff and other stakeholders.
About the opportunity
The key purpose of the Administration Assistant is to provide high level administration support to the Clarence Correctional Centre. You will answer telephone calls professionally, redirecting or taking messages and using initiative to deal with queries. You will deliver assistance in a polite, clear, well-spoken and calm manner in all circumstances whilst maintaining the confidentiality, security, privacy and integrity of the operations and communications. As an Administration Assistant your duties will support the following areas Reception, Visits Processing, Senior Management Team, Trust Administration and Admin Back Office at various stages.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate III or IV in Business Administration (desirable) with the ability to undertake if required
- Experience in a similar role providing administrative support within a highly sensitive and confidential environment
- Experience in compilation of correspondence, minute taking and compilation of statistical data
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining computerised and manual information and/or recording systems
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and experience in the use of computer software systems
- The ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritise and manage competing demands to meet deadlines
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical behaviour
Located on the NSW Mid-North Coast, Grafton is approx. 6 hours’ drive from Sydney and 4 hours from Brisbane. Set on the Clarence River, it is the main hub for the Clarence Valley with a rich natural beauty and is ideally located if you prefer the hinterland or the ocean as your backdrop. With recent Pacific Highway upgrades, investment in infrastructure, affordable housing and access to good schools and recreation options, it is the ideal location for your next career move with your family.
At Serco, you’ll be part of a team of more than 50,000 people working across more than 20 countries worldwide. But no matter your role or where you’re based, we each share the same goal – to bring service to life to make a positive difference every day. Serco is a business where people and values matter. We have a strong public service ethos, and we employ people from a range of backgrounds.
Interested to be part of our brand new team?
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be part of this exciting new opportunity, click ‘Apply Now’.
Serco seeks and celebrates diversity. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.
To find out more about us visit https://serco.gr8people.com
Job Number: 550
Community / Marketing Title: Administration Assistant
Location_formattedLocationLong: Grafton, New South Wales AU